A long day working hard in the yard to keep up the garden, a day laying lazily by the pool, sitting on the porch swing, and sitting down to dinner on the patio. These summer memories all have one thing in common; none of them are complete without a cool glass of lemonade. Strawberry lemonade, I might add.
Summer in the South is some sort of wonderful. I love everything about it, including the unmatched heat and humidity. In fact, I am thoroughly convinced that the cold lemonade would not be nearly as refreshing if it weren’t for the heat. So today, I am going to grab my glass and keep on the sunny side.
I truly am amazed that homemade lemonade is not more commonly found in homes. It is so simple to make and proves much more tasty than the powdered or store bought lemonade you find. You can also adjust the amount of sugar and lemon juice to match your preferences on sweetness and tartness. If it were up to me, I would always lean towards the extra sweet.
I hope this drink accompanies all the simple summer goodness you have this year. Cheers!Print Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1.5 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Add the water and sugar to a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until all the sugar is dissolved.
- While the mixture is on the stove, begin to cut and juice lemons (about 6-8 lemons, depending on size) into a clean measuring cup.
- In a food processor, blender, or single-cup blender, blitz the strawberries until completely smooth. If the strawberries are not blending well, try adding a ladle full of the water/sugar mixture and blend again.
- Using a sieve, strain the pureed strawberries into a clean bowl or cup. You may discard the seeds and large pulp pieces.
- Once the sugar is fully dissolved, remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice and strained strawberry puree. Stir until combined and transfer to the pitcher.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool down. When kept cool, the lemonade will keep for several days.