Do you want to know what is Southern? Like really, really Southern? Pimento cheese.
It is the ultimate spread and can be used in so many way. On crackers, in a sandwich, on top of fried green tomatoes, and by the spoonful. You can even pair it with vegetables if you really want to make your tastebuds sing!
Pimento cheese is an easy recipe to pull together and is always a crowd favorite. It is a great addition to any Super Bowl party, small group gathering, birthday celebration, or casual evening with friends.
When entertaining friends and guests, the last thing you want to be doing is worry about temperature control or cooking the final few items. To help solve this, it is always nice to have dishes that are easy to set out in advance. Pimento cheese is one of those helpful little recipes to have in your back pocket.Print Recipe
Southern Pimento Cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz. jarred pimentos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar
- Soften the cream cheese almost to room temperature.
- Once softened, in a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Drain the pimentos of all liquid.
- Add the pimentos, red pepper chili flakes, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder to the bowl. Combine until evenly distributed.
- Add in the shredded cheddar and combine.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with anything you like: crackers, bread, chips, fried green tomatoes, or just a spoon.